We are always looking for good people!
Designcore Engineering Ltd. is actively pursuing:
Intermediate Electrical Engineer / Designer
Date Posted: September 25, 2019
Job Type: Full-time
Experience: Commercial electrical design: 2 years (Required)
Designcore currently as an opportunity for an Intermediate Electrical Engineer / Designer. This highly motivated, dedicated professional will work closely with Senior Engineers and Revit Technicians at Designcore as well as other consultants on a wide mix of project types for clients across Western Canada.
Responsibilities will include
- Taking direction from a Project Engineer or Design Engineer the candidate will utilize the CEC to complete electrical calculation including sizing feeders, overcurrent protective devices, transformers, motor loads starters, etc.
- The successful candidate will update drawings using AutoCAD and Revit.
- Calculate voltage drop for feeders and circuits.
- Coordinate drawings with other consultants.
- Complete basic lighting point-by-point calculation using computer software such as AGI 32 or Visual.
- Basic design of building electrical systems including power distribution, lighting and lighting control systems, life safety systems and communications for a variety of commercial and multi-family residential projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology Diploma
- 2 to 5 years experience designing electrical systems for commercial or multifamily buildings.
- Registered with APEGA or ASET (based on your qualifications).
- LEED Accreditation, RCDD Certification, Lighting Certified (LC) Accreditation would be considered an asset.
- 2 to 5 years working knowledge of Revit MEP 2018 (or later versions) and AutoCAD 2018 (or later versions).
- Working knowledge of the CEC, ABC, NFPA and CSA Standards.
- Excellent written skills are required.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to commit and adhere to deadlines.
- Organized and methodical with a resourceful capacity for resolving challenges.
- Professional attitude.
- Working knowledge of computers and software such as MS Office, AutoCAD 2018 (or later version) or Revit 2018 (or later version).
- Experience designing commercial electrical systems including power distribution, lighting, lighting controls, fire alarm, security and communications systems.
Designcore Engineering Ltd. is always looking to improve and strengthen our team with people who share our same values. As such we are always accepting resumes.
If you are interested in a possible career with us, please fill out this short form:
Calgary Zoo Penguin Plunge
Featuring the Antarctic's best-dressed residents, this visitor-favourite exhibit features a dynamic "Southern Lights" display.
Designcore is committed to providing our clients cost effective and energy conscious designs using a balance of innovative ideas with proven technology. Providing a budget conscious practical design within the time frames laid out will ensure success for the client, Designcore's valued employees, the design team... "The Project".
Looking for a New Career?
Designcore is always looking to improve and strengthen our team with people who share our same values.